Friday, March 26, 2010

Surviving Mesothelioma Cancer

When my father died 8 years ago due to liver cancer, I was devastated and thought that if only he took care of his health or if only we detected it earlier and so on and so forth, but it was too late. I was exposed to the dangers of cancer because of my father's sickness and vowed to take care of my body and health to reduce the risks of cancer. A few days ago, I came across a moving story about a cancer patient named Paul Kraus who survived Mesothelioma Cancer because of his will to survive and continues to thrive for a better life despite his cancer. His cancer was caused by exposing himself with asbestos(a group of minerals that take the form of tiny fibers) when he was younger. But despite him having this rare cancer, he didn't gave up and researched for other methods or alternative treatments that will help him prolong his life. I was really touched by his patience in understanding his sickness. If it were not him, the person may undergone depression and gave up on life completely.

Twelve years after he was first diagnosed with Mesothelioma Cancer and was thought of having a few months to live, he is still alive and yes, kicking! And now, it is really unselfish of him to share his experiences on a book which is absolutely free for a limited time. I hoped my father and our family were able to read it, my father would certainly had a different outlook in life after his cancer. But there are still others who will benefit on reading this inspirational book from Paul Kraus.

No comments:

 

Made by Lena