Monday, April 27, 2009

teething

I am so happy to inform you guys that my baby Hannah has a new teeth! Hannah's teeth emerged on her lower central incisor and I can tell you that she's on the stage where she has this excess saliva and always chews her hands and any objects that she sees.

As soon as I saw the teeth emerged, what I did was everyday I always clean her gums and the teeth by dumping a clean cloth with a water, coz I've read that dentists recommend that in order to prevent tooth decay.

Below is some tips on how to brush an infant's teeth which I read from Ehow

Instructions:
Step1. Purchase a baby toothbrush that has a tiny bristle head and a large handle you can easily grip. Select a brush with two rows of soft bristles.
Step2. Brush your own teeth in front of your baby, and act excited while doing it. If your baby enjoys watching you, he is more likely to allow you to brush his teeth.
Step3. Wrap your fingertip in water-moistened gauze, and begin to slowly run your infant's teeth. This will introduce him to allowing you to brush his teeth before you use the toothbrush.
Step4. Hold the toothbrush under water to wet it. Toothpaste is not needed to clean an infant's teeth.
Step5. Sit your infant on your lap with his head facing you. You could also sit or stand behind him and encourage him to look up at you. Once your baby is a bit older, you can cradle him in your arms or kneel in front of him.
Step6. Move the toothbrush gently over your infant's teeth on both the outside and inside of the teeth twice a day.
Step7. Run the toothbrush over your infant's tongue once to remove bacteria that can cause bad breath.
Step8. Replace the toothbrush when the bristles start to look dirty or worn out.

2 comments:

PinayWAHM said...

Hi Mommy Cel...

Haven't been here in a while...ang laki na ng baby mo! She's adorable.

Hope you had a great Mother's Day...

Mommy J

Mommy Jes said...

hooray for the teeth eheheh =) i have a tag for you my friend - http://elishafreyalising.blogspot.com/2009/05/may-14-2009-first-tag-i-ever-recieved.html
youre in my blogroll pls add me too =) thanks!

 

Made by Lena