Sunday, November 28, 2010

Easy homemade gift wrap

Guest post written by Ramona Myers

A lot of times, it's a whole lot easier to just go ahead and make your own wrapping paper instead of going out and buying rolls and rolls of it for the holidays. Even though I have a backup roll of store bought wrapping paper, I always try to make my own paper for fun. I've been doing it for a long time. When I was a little girl, I talked my mom into cutting up potatoes and making stamps out of them to wrap up my friends' presents in for Christmas.

Even though that really was a great way to make wrapping paper, I have stamps that I can use now instead of carving potatoes. I like to also use my Clear TV Bundle to look up other ways to come up with prints for homemade wrapping paper. I think that someone has used jsut about everything in the world to come up with a way to make homemade wrapping paper, including toothbrushes and pine needles.

But my favorite way that I've seen people make homemade gift wrap is by taking lace and laying it down on the paper and then spray painting over it to make a pattern. The result looks really consistent and modern, like you bought it that way!

No comments:

 

Made by Lena