Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Raising A Child Just Got Funnier

Posted by Arden Wallace

It's always interesting to see where a writer will go when scripting a series involving parenting. Having three young children myself, I know how I feel about certain issues and the way I wish to raise my children. So when there is a different perspective on how someone copes with and takes care of a child then I am intrigued. This is why I am interested to see the new show Raising Hope on Fox this fall.
This comedy is from the same creator of the hit show My Name is Earl, Greg Garcia. In this show a real moronic goof, Jimmy Chance, unexpectedly finds out that he has a little baby named Hope. He finds this out when she is left at his door and he has no choice but to take her in. However, since he is still living at home with his parents, Jimmy is in no position to take in a small child like this. Plus, his coarse parents don't want another baby in the house. Feeling the need to fulfill his fatherly role Jimmy decides to raise Hope and be a good dad. This comedy is far from the norm and pushes the limits with some of the topics and issues that are brought up. But the real meaning and heart of the story lies behind the crude humor and to the point, snappy dialogue.
This show doesn't look like the normal family programs that have been redone, and could be entertaining in it's own uniqueness. I am interested to see where they go with this and how far the really do test their boundaries on Direct TV.

No comments:

 

Made by Lena