Saturday, October 23, 2010

Kate Plus 8

Guest written by our friend Donnie Donovan

My favorite reality show is Kate Plus 8 (formerly Jon and Kate Plus 8). I know they're going through a lot right now, and I've had several arguments with friends and family regarding the content of the show and whether it's exploitative. But I just can't stop watching it! The kids are adorable and their frustrations and daily battles are so real. I've been a faithful viewer for years, I've watched the kids grow up like they're my own. I feel like extended family. It's second nature to grab a bowl of popcorn and chill out in front of DirecTV to join them in their latest adventure or family crisis. Above all, I'm rooting for them - rooting for them to get through their problems and stick through everything as a family. I feel like, if they can't make it, then what hope do the rest of us have?

They wouldn't recognize me in the street, but I like to send good karma their way and they've got at least one person in their corner.

No comments:

 

Made by Lena