Friday, November 12, 2010

A School Trip

Written by my friend Otis Buckley

When I was a little girl, I was home schooled most of the years I was in school. Many kids don't know what home schooling is like but I actually really enjoyed it. We would work about four to five hours a day and because we were at home, there was never any homework. I guess most kids would have been jealous. But there were certain things I missed out on. Like the amount of socializing a kid has when they go to school, prom, things of that nature.

Some kids might even think that I never got out of the house just because I was home schooled. But that is definitely not true. We used to always go on field trips as a home schooling group. My home schooling group and I actually made a trip to the aquarium one year. The entire experience was amazing. I remember going with my best friend to gawk at all of the beautiful fish.

The aquarium also had a petting section where you could actually touch a starfish or other crustacean. I wasn't too keen on touching the crabs since I'm not a big fan of their claws. A few years ago, I made another trip to the same aquarium I had gone to as a kid. Before I left for the aquarium, I set my home systems ADT security alarm. And let me tell you that the aquarium was exactly like I remembered! I will definitely be going there again.

No comments:

 

Made by Lena